Last updated March 16, 2021
Thank you for choosing to read our content at Evelyn Claire Encyclopedia (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please email us at evelynsite -AT- mailfence.com.
When you visit our website (the “Website”) and consume any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this notice, we will explain in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website).
2. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? If we had information to share, we would only share it with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
If such a case would for some reason occur in the future, we would process or share data based on the following legal basis: Consent: If you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose. Legal Obligations: If legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). Vital Interests: If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
3. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION? We do not knowingly keep your information at all. Other services might have temporary generalized information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
4. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE? No information is collected or generated on our servers when a user visits this website, so there is nothing to keep safe. Regardless, our servers are constantly updated with the latest security measures.
5. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS? We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
7. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS? California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE? We may update this privacy notice occasionally. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at evelynsite -AT- mailfence.com.